"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WAITING.....


So, here we are-we wait and we wait-it seems like my life is built around waiting. At least with a pregnancy, you know that due date, but this, it is just an indescribable journey with highs and lows. I have been somewhat emotional today-I have been thinking a lot about our daughter's birth mom and how even if our baby isn't born yet, she is alive, growing in her mommy's tummy and that wonderful, sacrificial lady will have to give her up. It crushes me that this is how our family will get to have this wonderful baby girl and that in this world, this occurs. I know in the perfect world, which we won't see until heaven, there won't be any separation, no baby's being taken from their mother's arms and no sadness, but here in this world, it happens. I pray for her and her birth mom daily and pray that she is surrounded by Christian people that love the Lord and can uplift her in her time of grieving for her baby. I pray that she will have a peace and that she will feel God's presence. I can't even put my mind there-can't even begin to think of how it would feel to give her up and pretty much know that chances are you won't see her again-but on the other side, I am excited, thrilled and SO ready to meet our daughter!

I have to share with you what happened today. I went to our kid's school and one of the little girls that is in the 2nd grade came up and she gave me a pencil box with money in it. She had made bookmarks and had been selling them to family and friends and it was ALL for our baby-to help bring her home! She gave me her money-all twelve dollars and twelve cents-this is the most precious gift to me-it brought tears to my eyes-what a doll! I was blown away that she would do this for our baby to "help bring our baby home"! I am in awe at how her giving heart thought of Abby and can't wait to tell her all about it when she is older! God is so good.

God is all about providing for adoption. I know a lot of people that say that they would adopt IF they had the money. It isn't about having the money-it is about watching as God provides for what he wants people to do-give homes to and provide for orphans. It has been miraculous to watch him bring in the money when we need it. We had 2 different people give us $1,000 with in the last 2 weeks and that is amazing! It is done out of such sacrificial love and support and we are just amazed that people would do this for us. It comes in all forms, fundraising (more than I ever thought I could do), grants, loans, gifts of $5, $100, $1,000 and even $12.12! It all adds up and it is such a testimony of how everyone call pull together to accomplish a larger goal and how the Lord will provide for you when you follow him

That is something about this adoption story that I will always remember-it is simply a miracle-that is the only word worth describing it! Miracles happen all around you and YOU get to actually watch and experience it! I mean think about it for a minute-how could God pick out a woman across the world, have her get pregnant at the right time, ordain every single step that needs to happen -thousands of steps-to get the baby that HE picked for us into our arms at the exact moment that he wanted it to happen in time! Right there-tons of miraculous steps have to occur-I am just amazed when I really stop and think!

I know I am rambling, but this has been a somewhat emotional week for me-I am just ready, I am nervous, scared, happy, thrilled, excited all rolled into one and what is about to occur. We don't know our official number yet, and I have to admit I am getting impatient at the waiting game of all of this-but I know we are getting closer. Really after you get to five and under, you could get "The Call" of your referral any time-OR you could wait in the #1 spot for weeks-it totally depends-but I just want to see her face!
This song is a slower version of the one I love, but the words are so great! I love it and it really ministers to me! I'm Amazed by Rory Noland on you tube




1 comment:

  1. That's the best $12.12 you'll raise. Awesome. I was always amazed at the way the money came in for our adoption. I'm still not entirely sure how we managed to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete

Our Airport Homecoming for our 2nd Adoption~

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A photo slideshow by Smilebox

Our Journey up to our Referral

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

Seble's Referral Video

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow personalized with Smilebox
"Although it may not always be obvious to us, there seems to be one distinct moment when God begins a new story in each of our lives. He writes words on our hearts that long to be spoken and strain to be lived out. Then with His own great hand, He begins to write the script. Experience by experience through seemingly ordinary days, He supernaturally orders our lives. Only when we look back and reflect on what appeared to have been the ordinary events of life does it become clear what a miracle the Lord has performed." Jan Beazely

Amazing Adoption Story!

LUCY LANE-AGCI-ADOPTION VIDEO! This inspired us to follow our dream!

WHY WOULDN'T I....WHY WOULDN'T YOU?

What Adoption is About! What a Testimony! Lundy's Adoption

We Love this family and this video is inspiring!

HANNAH'S HOPE ETHIOPIA

FATHER, BREAK OUR HEARTS FOR WHAT BREAKS YOURS~

ImageChef.com