"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blessings from Above-

I say it each time, but I want to take some time to specifically thank each and every one of you that continue to pray for our family. We feel it, and we appreciate you taking the time out to intercede for us. We love you all and are so blessed by each and every thing that you do.

A few blessings over these past few weeks that we want to share have been:

*A dear co-worker that came over just so she could pray with me and then kept our kids so that Adam and I could go to dinner on my BD, gave me a massage on my sore back and a much needed car seat for Seble!
*Our pastor's wife, mentioned in my previous blog post, that took time from her day to visit with me, give me words of encouragement, and pray for our family.
*Friends that I have that are always there to listened to me when I just need someone to understand me and not judge me.
*Volunteering with http://www.salemharvest.org/ so that we can not only help others, but get much returned blessings in the form of free produce for our family!
*My church family, One Treasure, who are always there to listen, help, support and pray for us.
*Other adoptive moms that are there to keep reminding me that "it will get better", who just listen and totally "get it".
*A friend that dropped off hand-me-down clothes for our kids and another friend who brought by clothes, and some bean-bags-which the kids are loving!
*Adam's parents who take the kids to give us a break, help out when we have appointments, keep the kids for "slumber parties", and give our kids love.
*Encouraging e-mails and FB messages that I get from people.  They are so needed right now, as well as all of the reminders from those who are lifting our family up in prayer.
*A friend that wrote out entire instructions and walked me through our first time freezing 200 ears of corn!  Who has given me lots of great tips of where to go to get our fresh produce to can/freeze.
*A random worker at the gas station, who gave us the $40 in free gas (even after we offered to pay a different way) because his debit machine messed up and he said that it happens sometimes.
*My sister who gave me the beautiful necklace of a bird's nest with 3 brown eggs and 5 white eggs for my BD.  She made this herself and it is precious.  She also is a listening ear and gives me great adoption perspective.
*A co-worker that gave our family fruit and home-grown eggs, along with a gift-certificate to the Olive Garden so Adam and I can have a much needed date night!
*Friends that have sent us checks in the mail - just to help us out.
*A precious family (also in the midst of the adoption process) that sent Haile and Beti new winter coats in the mail.
*Another adoptive mom that I met on-line that mailed me the sweetest and most encouraging card this week!
*The blessings of ALL of the amazing people that I met through our adoptions, my heart breaks to think of the literally hundreds of people that wouldn't be in our lives, if we hadn't taken that first adoption step!
*My sister-in-law that keeps Seble on the days I work and lends a listening ear to keep me grounded.
*An elderly neighbor and his daughter that gave us a boxes of pears and apples, as well as their mother's 40 year old apple strainer as a gift to our family-so cherished and so precious!!  She also arranged for us to get several boxes of canning jars from a friend to help us with our canning.
*Dear friends who brought us a gigantic turkey for our freezer.
*A precious adoptive family that we met through mutual friends, who also adopted older children, who have a wonderful teenage daughter, who still speaks fluent Amharic and has translated some things to Haile and Beti.  She is precious and is also a WONDERFUL hair braider and we think she braids Beti's hair the best that we have seen!  What a blessing this family has been.
*The wonderful Facebook adoption groups that I am a part of and each person that offers up their "issues" so that we can all benefit from the lessons learned, and the friendships made.
*Our precious church family that continuously holds us up in prayer and loves on our kiddos!
*My mom who continually makes us treats, cuts our kid's hair, helps with homework, keeps our kids, attends games, and loves on them.
*Finding out that the family that I met a few years ago and has been waiting on the Ethiopian baby list for a couple years, just accepted a referral of three siblings, and they only live about 20 minutes from us-will be so wonderful!
*An adoptive mom that I met when we adopted Seble and who just also adopted an older child, she is always there to listen and give wonderful advice-so thankful to be able to talk almost weekly with her.
*A friend that offered to give Jacob rides home from school on the days I work, and another friend who offered to bring him home on the days I don't work!
*A lady that offered to take family pictures for us this week as a gift to our family-and who did a great job!
*Friends at church that offer up their hand-me-down clothes for our kids.
*A friend that sprayed our house for us at no cost to get rid of the ginormous spiders that were biting our kids at night.
*Teachers at the kids school who are working so very hard to get our kids caught up, and help our other kids adjust to a new school.
*A friend that is teaching me all she can about the money saving tips that she uses, and who is patient with me and all of my questions. She is also always there to just listen and give Godly advice....

These are things that bless our family and I cherish them in my heart! I know I probably missed some, but please don't be mad, my mind is crazy full -just know that I am overwhelmed by God's outpouring of goodness and by all of yours! THANK YOU!!!

"Have you not known? Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.  Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Airport Homecoming for our 2nd Adoption~

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A photo slideshow by Smilebox

Our Journey up to our Referral

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

Seble's Referral Video

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow personalized with Smilebox
"Although it may not always be obvious to us, there seems to be one distinct moment when God begins a new story in each of our lives. He writes words on our hearts that long to be spoken and strain to be lived out. Then with His own great hand, He begins to write the script. Experience by experience through seemingly ordinary days, He supernaturally orders our lives. Only when we look back and reflect on what appeared to have been the ordinary events of life does it become clear what a miracle the Lord has performed." Jan Beazely

Amazing Adoption Story!

LUCY LANE-AGCI-ADOPTION VIDEO! This inspired us to follow our dream!

WHY WOULDN'T I....WHY WOULDN'T YOU?

What Adoption is About! What a Testimony! Lundy's Adoption

We Love this family and this video is inspiring!

HANNAH'S HOPE ETHIOPIA

FATHER, BREAK OUR HEARTS FOR WHAT BREAKS YOURS~

ImageChef.com